I loved this meal! Shannon and I were both full after this meal!!! I really didn't measure this recipe. After I made it, I realized that the mango salsa was supposed to be served cold, not warm. Oh well - it was delicious!!!!
- 1 - 2 cups frozen mango
- Desired amount of mixture: Frozen bell pepper, green pepper and onion (from Dillons)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- Cilantro - from tube - just squeezed some in
- Garlic - from tube - squeezed a small amount into mixture
- 1 egg
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 - 5 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 TB Taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste - I did not use salt, but peppered my chicken before eating
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- In a skillet, combine the mango, peppers, onion, cilantro, garlic
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and homemade taco seasoning.
- Place the coconut in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut. Press to coat.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until chicken is done - coconut will be toasted! - I used a pan that had a rack in it to cook the chicken on.
- We enjoyed it with parsnips (LOVE THOSE THINGS) this is the second time I have eaten Parsnips, and green beans. Shannon also had brown rice.
- I can't wait to make this dish again. I think that it would be better with fresh bell peppers, but I only had frozen ones - trying to use all the food in my house. It would also be good I think with a diced jalapeno.