- Pancakes sounded good this morning. So I found a healthy recipe. They looked normal, but the taste was just okay. Will not make them again.
- 1 Scoop Whey (flavor of choice, I used Vanilla)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Large Banana (substitutions below)
- 1 TB Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon (optional)
Put all ingredients into blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth. Allow the batter to set for about 5 minutes. Heat up a skillet or pan and spray with non-stick spray. Pour batter onto skillet (batter makes 2-3 normal sized pancakes). Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked fully.
If you aren’t a fan of banana, you can sub this for 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin, fat free plain greek yogurt or nonfat cottage cheese.
Top with whatever you want. I recommend a natural nut butter like almond butter or peanut butter. You could also top with fresh fruit, sugarfree jam, honey, coconut butter, maple syrup or sugarfree syrup. Get creative!
recipe from: http://muffin-topless.com/2012/12/23/easy-and-healthy-protein-pancakes/
I made Shannon the tortilla egg