Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

White Chocolate Confetti Bars

Found on Girl Meets Life's Blog - made alterations to original recipe.

8 x 8 pan
Ingredients:
  • 1 box confetti cake mix (original recipe - yellow cake mix)
  • 3 TB olive oil or canola oil (original recipe - 1/4 vegetable oil)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk (used Acidophilus milk)
  • 1/4 cup - Add rainbow sprinkles - I added small ball rainbow sprinkles in batter and on top (did not measure)! - YUMM!!!
  • 1/2 cup plus a few extra of white chocolate chips 
Directions: Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Then mix in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Note - I only had olive oil in the house, so I added Almond Extract in hopes that it would cover up the olive oil taste.  I could still taste the olive oil, but not overly.

I made these a second time - this time using 1/4 cup canola oil - and skim milk.  I was disappointed - they were cakey instead of more chewy.  Not sure what happened.  

1 comment:

  1. wow. very cute! I'm definitely making my own. great post! I love the rainbow sprinkles.buy desserts online

    ReplyDelete