Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Sweet and Spicy Onions -- I love Onions!!!

I love onions! ONIONS! ONIONS! ONIONS! Did I mention that I love onions. There is no such thing as too many onions! Unless they were like the onions on my spicy Italian sandwich from Subway the other night - HOT.  How disappointing to discover the mounds of delicious looking onions on my sandwich were not tasty at all, extremely HOT, actually ruined my taste buds, or burnt them off hehehe. I actually had to take most of them off, how sad to waste those onions. Needless to say I did not enjoy my sandwich.

No matter what the recipe, I would rather have more onions than meat. Can you guess my favorite scene in the movie Julie and Julia? When Julia is slicing onions and there is the biggest mound of onions. WOW, onion heaven.  No matter what I order at a restaurant it has to be ordered with extra onions.  My all time favorite is La Fiesta's grilled onions! YUMMMYYYY!!!!!!!


1 large onion sliced
Frozen okra
2 celery sticks sliced
Smidge of minced garlic
1 tsp. Curry powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
2 TB Spicy Mustard
2 TB Reduced Sugar Ketchup

Place veggies in pan. Cook on medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 15 minutes - or desired tenderness.

Serve with chicken. This would also be good if eaten as fajitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment