I have several bags of candy corn that I need to use up (which I purchased to make butterfinger candy). I stumbled across this recipe last week and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to use some of that candy corn up.
2 Tbs. vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Take an 8-inch square pan and cover in foil and spray with baking spray.
- Cream brown sugar and egg until it's light and fluffy. Add vanilla and melted butter, mix well with electric mixer.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the wet mixture and incorporate with a rubber spatula. Be careful not to over mix your batter.
- Add batter to the square pan.
- Bake for about 23-26 minutes, or until the top is flakey and blondies do not jiggle in the middle.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack. Hold using foil sides and remove from square pan. Makes 16-20 blondies.
I hate just making 8 x 8 size recipes. Next time I will do the math and make this in a 9 x 13 size pan.