Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Tomato Lentil Chil

I found a recipe in the insert of the Salina Journal called Tomato Lentil Chili and made my version if of it.  This is the best lentil soup that I have made.  I used vegetable protein - which has the texture of meat.  I wonder if Shannon will be able to tell. . . I'm not telling.

1 medium onion diced
1 clove of garlic
1 lb. dry lentils
1 cup of Vegetable Protein Granules (first time I tried these)
32 oz. of No Chicken, low sodium broth - Image Brand
1 can Rotel
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 small can of tomato sauce
2 TB chili powder (plus I just added more in)
2 tsp ground cumin
Sprinkled in:  Garlic Powder and Onion Powder

---Add additional water if needed.
---Next time I will add green or red bell peppers

Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan. 
Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 30-40 minutes - or until desired tenderness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment