Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Mini Lemon Coconut Cookie Cakes

I combined two recipes into one.  The crust from Chocolate Covered Katie's blog. And the cake brownie from Becky Charms - which is one that I have not tried.  I made mini lemon cookie cakes, using a silicon mini 24 muffin tin.

I doubled all of the ingredients below to form the crust for my cookie cups:

Crust - this is my favorite crust to use when making lemon bars!  The directions below are for a 8 x 8 pan of lemon bars.  The batter below is suppose to made into bars 9 x 13" pan.  I decided to make them into individual servings.
  • 2/3 cup white flour
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp water or more coconut oil
The Batter
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice

Coconut Lemon Icing 
  •  3/4- 1 cup powdered sugar - add until desired thickness
  • 3 tablespoon lemon juice 
  • Coconut - add desired amount
Spray muffin tin.  Place 1 tsp. of crust into each mini muffin tin.  Press into each muffin cup.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Place  1/2 - 3/4 cookie scoop of batter into each muffin tin.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350.  Yields:  32

After cookie cups cool - add glaze.  See lemon coconut icing above.



Note:  Next time I will also add coconut into the cake batter.  I will also add more crust to each cup - 1/2-1 TB.  I am not sure that I like it so cakey.  The coconut in the glaze is a must - otherwise it is quite tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment