I doubled all of the ingredients below to form the crust for my cookie cups:
Crust - this is my favorite crust to use when making lemon bars! The directions below are for a 8 x 8 pan of lemon bars. The batter below is suppose to made into bars 9 x 13" pan. I decided to make them into individual servings.
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water or more coconut oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4- 1 cup powdered sugar - add until desired thickness
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coconut - add desired amount
After cookie cups cool - add glaze. See lemon coconut icing above.
Note: Next time I will also add coconut into the cake batter. I will also add more crust to each cup - 1/2-1 TB. I am not sure that I like it so cakey. The coconut in the glaze is a must - otherwise it is quite tart.