Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Turkey Meatballs


Shannon didn't care for my ketchup and mustard mixture that I put on top of the meatballs the last time I made them.  So on his meatballs, I put bbq sauce.  As he was eating a meatball, he asked "Are there carrots in here?"  Guess he had never eaten meatballs like this.

I used my food processor to dice the vegetables.  I am still learning to use my food processor - I was not aware that the blade flipped - until I was telling a friend about not being able to really grate my vegetables.  I kept putting the veggies back in the food processor - making a mess of course -  to make them the desired size.  Next time - I should get it right - I looked this morning - and yep, the blade does flip!

Mix following ingredients:

1 lb extra ground lean turkey
1 diced onion
Bell pepper diced - amount to liking
3/4 Carrot grated
1 tsp Worch. Sauce
3/4 celery grated
3 small sweet peppers
2 tsp minced garlic
4 or more TB reduced sugar ketchup
Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb seasoning - sprinkle in
1/4 cup egg beaters
3/4 cup Broccoli slaw
Pepper

Use 1" cookie scoop to create meatballs.  Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb seasoning
Bake on 350 for 25 minutes

Add topping and bake 20 more minutes.

Topping
Baste with
Reduced sugar ketchup
Spicy mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment