Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Sweet and Spicy Chicken



  • I love spicy and sweet!!!  So I searched allrecipes.com for recipes utilizing honey, hot sauce and chicken I came across this recipe - I did alter it a bit to my liking.  We had this two nights in a row, and could even eat it a third.  

  • Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons + a few squirts honey (will use 3 tablespoons in future)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce (yikes VERY HIGH IN SODIUM)
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root (I used ginger)
  • 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
  • 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce (I used 1 TB a bit spicy - used Habanero Hot Sauce, next evening tried 1/2 TB yikes still hot - my lips were on fire - but it was still YUMMY!!!!)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
  • 1/2 onion cut into rings
  • 1 green pepper - cut into strips

Directions
  1. Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
  2. Lightly pepper the chicken strips and dredge in flour (or add a large spoon of flour to thicken mixture).
  3. Cook chicken strips - add peppers and onions before chicken is finished cooking.
  4. Pour the sauce over the chicken. 
  5. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes


Serve on brown rice.







Sides:  Broccoli or Carrots or Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment