- Dawn's Smoothie Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Recipes
- Favorite Healthy Foods
- It is All About Onions!
- Healthy Tips and Snacks
- Chia and Flax Recipes
- My Social Media Class
- Crazy for Cake Pops - My Cake Pop Creations
- 2013 Computer Essentials II
- CCCC - Computer Applications
- 2015 Computer Essentials
Poblano Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Shannon found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It is very good.
6 tablespoons butter, divided
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 fresh poblano peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lime, halved
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 pint half-and-half
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced (did not include in our recipe)
2 ounces sour cream
12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet. Mix in the poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, and garlic. Squeeze the juice from one lime half over the chicken, and place the lime peel and pulp into the skillet. Cover, and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and cut chicken into cubes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Gradually stir in the flour and half-and-half. Mix in the cilantro, mushrooms, sour cream, and juice of remaining lime half. Cook and stir 10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
4. Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with 6 tortillas. Arrange 1/2 the chicken and pepper mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, and cover with remaining tortillas. Layer with remaining chicken and pepper mixture, and pour the cilantro sauce evenly over the casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and lightly browned.