Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Dawn's Lentil Soup

So I am trying to eat healthy. I got this recipe from You on a Diet - Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen's Guide to Losing Weight - LOVE THOSE GUYS!!!! There are actually two different recipes - just combined the two.

1 cup lentils
5 carrots
5 celery stalks
2 cans diced tomatoes with onions
6 cups of water (lost count of how much I put in there)
Fresh Cilantro
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
Curry 1 1/2 tsp - to taste
Coriander - 1/2 tsp
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
Salt
Pepper

To give it more taste - I would suggest using Vegetable or Chicken Broth - I was going for healthy.

Cook onion, garlic, celery, carrots. Add water or broth - and remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment