Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

OROWEAT Sandwich Thins


I am so addicted to these sandwich buns! You can use them for hot or cold sandwiches as well as hamburger buns!

The whole “set”, top and bottom are only 100 calories, 1 WW, 1 gram of fat, zero cholesterol, 230 milligram of sodium, 21 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of dietary fiber, 2 gram of sugar and 5 grams of protein.

You can purchase these at Wal-Mart in Junction City and Topeka. At Sam's in Topeka, not sure if Salina Sam's carries them yet. But you can get a 16 pack for only $4.56 at Sam's. They come in two packs of 8. At Wal-Mart they cost on sale $2.50 for 8. I know the Country Mart carries some brand of thins - but not sure if they are 100% whole grain!

Ways in which I use the buns! I love toasting them under the broiler for hamburger buns. They are also very good to make egg mcmuffins in place of the english muffin. I toast them on the skillet. Today I actually toasted them in the toaster for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - pretty good. And for a snack today - I toasted them again (which made the buns a little crunchy - and had Deli Thin Sliced Smoked Chicken Breast and lettuce - this was so AWESOME. I also have placed salami, pepperoni and onions on the buns and broiled them for a hot sandwich. Can't wait to have another.

They have other varieties besides whole wheat - I believe they had a honey wheat and a multi grain.

I hope you give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment