Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Dawn's Spaghetti Sauce

1 sweet onion
1/4 c. green peppers (I actually just threw in some frozen diced green peppers)
Garlic (I just threw in about two spoonfuls from a container of garlic that I purchased from Sam's)
1 TB sugar
1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1 can tomato sauce
12 oz can of Tomato Paste
1 can - Best Choice - Petite Diced Tomatoes and Sweet Onion
Basil
Oregano
Salt
Pepper

Brown Hamburger - in one pan.

Sauce
In another pan:
Saute onion and green peppers for 5 minutes. (I did not use any oil)
Add garlic - saute for 1 more minute
Add Chicken Broth (I originally only added 1 cup, but just poured more in to make the mixture thinner.
Add paste, sugar and tomatoes.

Used sauce on whole wheat pasta without meat. Added meat in some of the sauce for Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment