Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Taco Cornbread

This is one of my favorite easy casserole dishes.  My mom came to town last week and I thought I would make something that she wouldn't think was "weird" as she calls some of my meals.  She liked this meal, and made the comment that she was going to make it for my dad when she got home. 

1 lb hamburger meat
1 onion diced - optional
1 package taco seasoning
1 box jiffy cornbread mix

12 oz package of shredded cheese - cheddar or Mexican mix


Follow directions on taco seasoning - Brown hamburger and onion in skillet. Drain excess grease and add taco seasoning.

Prepare cornbread according to box directions.  Pour batter into a greased 9 x 9 baking dish.  Bake for 10 minutes. 

After the cornbread has baked for 10 minutes, add taco meat.

Add desired amount of cheddar cheese on top - about an 12 oz package.

Bake for additional 15 minutes.

I love frozen corn with this meal.  I have also added the corn in the with the taco meat.


No comments:

Post a Comment