Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Crispy, Chewy Oatmeal Coconut Cookies

1 cup shortening (I used butter flavored crisco)
1 cup brown sugar 
1 cup white sugar 
2 eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 1/2 cups flour 
1 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (I used 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats)
1 cup coconut 
I also added toffee bits to half the batch! YUMMMM!!!! I can't decide which I like better!

The cookies turned out quite pretty!  Not flat!

These cookies are crispy, yet chewy in the center - just the way I like them!!!!!!!
Directions: 1 Mix shortening and sugars add eggs and vanilla. Mix flour and spices then add to sugar mixture add in oatmeal and coconut. 350 degrees for 10 minutes. These will be a flat chewy cookie. 

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/dads-oatmeal-coconut-cookies-305772?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment