Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken

Found this recipe of course on, no other but Pinterest!  My cousin actually shared it.
 
- 4 5 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- Can of Black Beans, drained & rinsed.
- Frozen corn
- Can of Rotel

Directions:
Put frozen chicken in the crock pot.
Put Cream cheese on top of the chicken.
Dump in the Black Beans (make sure they are drained & rinsed!!!)
Dump frozen corn - I did not measure - just poured some in.
Dump in the Rotel,

Cover & cook in your Crock Pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Every 2 hours, stir the ingredients.
You can shred the chicken throughout cooking time.

I turn the crock pot off & let it sit for about 30-45 minutes.
It is a little soupy, but letting it sit causes it to not be as soupy.

I serve this over rice. The rice soaks up some of the soupy-ness.
 
NOTE:  I think that I would use half the cheese next time.  I also think that it needed something else - perhaps seasoning on the chicken.  I think that it would be good with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.  Shannon enjoyed his with chips.  I ate my with brown rice.  I also think that I would double the beans and rotel.  Maybe add some salsa to give it a little tang.


It makes a lot, so this is usually 2 dinners & a lunch.
I actually like it better on the 2nd day, when it isn't as soupy.
So, you could make this the day before & then keep it in your fridge overnight.
When we have it on a leftover day, sometimes I combine the rice & the cream cheese chicken mixture and use it for burritos. Add a tortilla, some lettuce, cheese & salsa.
Easy. Good. Healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment