Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Sweet with a touch of Spice Shredded Chicken

Sweet with a touch of Spice Shredded Chicken.  A healthy delicious recipe.  Even Shannon liked it!  He only had one helping, since the doctor told him to stop having seconds.hehheheehhe!!!!!!  My serving was probably two servings!  Oh well.  It was delicious.


Items that you need:


1 can of chicken (14 oz) rinsed 
1 onion
White ground pepper

In sauce pan combine (or you could just mix it in a bowl): 

3 tablespoons ketchup sugar free ketchup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 
1 tablespoon prepared spicy mustard 
1 tablespoon honey 
3/4 teaspoon chili powder 
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
1/2 garlic powder
1/4 tsp - 1/2 cayenne pepper 
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger 

In skillet place chicken, white ground pepper and one diced onion, or two, or three.  I was nice to my husband and only used one onion.  Cook chicken and onion together.  Which chicken is cooked, but I like to cook mine until it shreds  (guess that means its dry, just the way I like it).  


Then add mixture to chicken that is in the skillet.  Heat thoroughly and serve by itself or on a bun!!!!  This would also be good served with cauliflower mash/rice.

I doubled the above recipe - using two cans of chicken as well!   The original recipe only called for 12 oz chicken, however the cans I purchased from Sam's Club were 14 oz.   

This is delicious.  I found the original recipe on the 17 day diet facebook page, however, I made a several adjustments/changes.

Link to original recipe.  I think the original wants you to put raw chicken together with the sauce and cook for 23 minutes.  I opted for an easier route by using the cans of chicken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment