Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Edamame


I came across these at Dillons in the health food freezer section.  It was kind of weird because a day later my mom says have you ever heard of Edamame?  She said I bought a bag today at Country Mart - on sale for $1.00.  So I had her purchase more for me.  Since the ones I purchased weren't so cheap.

EDAMAME (ed-ah-MAH-may) is a complete protein containing all the essential Amino Acids.  Good source of Protein, Fiber, Essential Fatty Acids, and isoflavones (which is only found in soybeans.)

Edamame can be served cold or hot.  To eat Edamame, one must push the beans out of their pods.  I am glad I read the directions, otherwise I may have tried to eat the shell.

These are easy to cook!  Place desired amount in microwave safe bowl, cover and cook for 4 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment