Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Sugar Glazed Preztels with Peanut Butter

I wanted to create a sweet coated pretzel - with the sugar coating being nice and smooth/slick.  I make a Pecan Praline Crunch with Oatmeal Square Cereal, so I thought that I would use that recipe.  The pretzels did come out with a nice slick coating, but lacked enough sweetness.  So I added Reese's peanut butter chips.  I melted Reese's peanut butter in the microwave and mixed the pretzels in the peanut butter.  This made the pretzels better and of course - I could not stop eating them! So if you love peanut butter - give this recipe a try.  I took these to school today and the students and staff loved them! They could not stop eating them.

1 bag of 15 oz. waffle pretzels

1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups of pecans (optional) - peanuts would be good! (next time I am not going to add pecans)

1 bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips

Heat oven to 250 degrees. Place pretzels in a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.Combine corn syrup, brown sugar and butter in saucepan; heat to boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda and pour over pretzels. Stir to coat evenly. Bake 1 hour; stirring every 20 minutes. Spread on baking sheet to cool - cool completely prior to adding peanut butter.  Melt Reese's peanut butter chips in microwave.  In a bowl, stir pretzels and melted peanut butter together - using hands works great!

Store in airtight container.  Below is a picture of the pretzels prior to adding the peanut butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment