Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Dawn's Cauliflower Bake

I was getting a  little tired of just plain cauliflower mash - so I pulled out some of my favorite vegetables to add to the mash!  I thought it turned out pretty yummy - so did Shannon!!!!

1 16 oz package of frozen cauliflower
1 package of frozen peppers - red, green, yellow (Bird's Eye brand)
1 onion
2 jalapenos (for some reason the ones I purchased were not very hot)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 can diced tomatoes with diced onions (Best Choice brand) (DRAINED)

Place cauliflower in bowl, cover and cook in microwave for 12 minutes - no need to add water.  Mash cauliflower.

Layer in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish (no need to grease pan):
Frozen peppers
Cauliflower mash
Onions
Diced tomatoes
Cayenne Pepper
Jalapenos
Mix layers--if desired
Top with desired amount of Mozzarella cheese.



Fresh peppers would be delicious as well.  I did not drain my canned tomatoes and my mixture had a lot of liquid.  That may also have came from the frozen peppers.  This was delicious.  Tasted similar to pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment