Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

White Chocolate Flake Almond Delight

Today I was experimenting with ingredients that I had on hand.  I needed to get rid of marshmallows and cornflakes before they expired.  So before school this morning, I made my students a snack.  They LOVED them!

6 cups of cornflakes (Kellogg's cinnamon and sugar flavor)
1 bag of marshmallows
1 bag of white chocolate chips
--3/4 for mixture, 1/4 for topping
1 cup of whole Almonds (I was going to chop these, but could not find my chopper was pressed for time)
2 TB butter

Heat butter and marshmallows in skillet on medium heat.

While you are waiting for marshmallows to melt - take additional butter and grease a 9 x 13.  Place almonds in bottom on pan.

 Remove from heat when you can smash marshmallows and the butter is melted (do not over cook marshmallow mixture or items will come out very hard)  Add cornflakes - mix well.  Then add 3/4 of bag of white chocolate chips into cornflake mixture.  Remaining chocolate chips will be used for topping.


Pour cornflake mixture into pan - and spread out with your hands covered with plastic gloves.  You may have to butter your gloves so that the mixture does not stick.  Pour remaining chips on top of bars - place under broiler until chips are heated.  Take a rubber spatula and spread out white chocolate.  I also added almonds on top.  I think in the future I will throw the almonds in to the marshmallow, chocolate mixture so that they are coated.





No comments:

Post a Comment