Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Picante Chicken

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – I cooked in skillet to get rid of the additional fat and to partially cook.
 

Homemade taco seasoning (or store bought)
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup picante sauce
1/2 cup green peppers (I just threw some in)
1/4 cup onions (I just threw some in)

Fat Free Cheddar Cheese

Place chicken in skillet with garlic and cook on medium heat.  Sprinkle taco seasoning on each side of chicken as it is cooking.  (I did not cook my chicken all the way through prior to baking)

Place chicken in baking dish. Sprinkle with additional taco seasoning.

In a bowl, mix together green peppers, onions, sour cream, picante sauce and any left over taco seasoning (I didn't know what else to do with my seasoning - so if you do not have any left to do this with, no bid deal).

Pour mixture over chicken.
Sprinkle with fat free cheddar cheese

Bake for 25 minutes on 350.



NOTE:  I used two chicken breasts for this recipe, but I think you could actually use 4. I think next time I will just cut up my chicken and simmer it on the stove top.

No comments:

Post a Comment