Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Cornflake Peanut Butter Drops

This is the first recipe that I have made from the 9th edition Home Cooking--Dickinson County Style Cookbook.  This recipe was shared in the cookbook by Lorie Rimmel.   One of my senior students said, hey these are like the one's we used to eat at the Middle School!!! I told her same recipe!

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
5 1/2 cups of corn flakes (I used 6 1/2 cups)

In a large saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup.  Bring to a boil and remove from heat.  Stir in peanut butter.  Add the corn flakes and stir until mixed.  You can either:  Spread mixture evenly on a lightly sprayed jell-roll sheet pan.  Roll with metal rolling pin or spray a wooden rolling pin.  Cut immediately after pressing OR you can just drop the cereal mixture onto wax paper.

I started dropping piles of mixture, but found it easier to pour mixture on wax paper and grab and size my piles of cornflakes.

I also considered drizzling chocolate on them - I think that would have made them even more delicious.  Next time I am going to try and make these with Wheat Chex cereal, instead of cornflakes.  I actually used cinnamon and sugar cornflakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment