Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Spicy Rice and Beans


This mixture would be great inside a flour shell. Chicken added would be great as well. I ate avocado with this dish. Delicious! If you like spicy - this is a great recipe. If you do not - than just omit spicy items :).

2 TB olive oil (you do not need to use any oil-just used it since it is a healthy fat)
1 onion diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2-1 green pepper chopped (I just threw in some I had frozen)
1 jalapeno (I just threw some in that I had frozen)

1 TB chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2-1 TB crushed red pepper
2 cans diced tomatoes with sweet onion (best choice) undrained
1-2 cups frozen corn
1 can black beans (rinsed)

1 cup minute brown rice

Saute onions, peppers, garlic, green pepper, jalapeno. I mainly just heated them, than added other ingredients. Simmer or low until corn, beans are softened.

Cook rice in microwave. Add to mixture! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment