Shannon and Dawn James
We have a huge interest in food, fitness, healthy living and daily indulgences. This blog follows our yummy eats and finds!

Coconut Crusted Chicken with Mango Salsa

This recipe was inspired by Rachel Ray - click here for original

I loved this meal!  Shannon and I were both full after this meal!!!  I really didn't measure this recipe.  After I made it, I realized that the mango salsa was supposed to be served cold, not warm.  Oh well - it was delicious!!!!

Ingredients:



  • 1 - 2 cups frozen mango 
  • Desired amount of mixture:  Frozen bell pepper, green pepper and onion (from Dillons)
  • 1/2 chopped onion 
  • Cilantro - from tube - just squeezed some in
  • Garlic - from tube - squeezed a small amount into mixture 
  • 1 egg 
  • Shredded sweetened coconut 
  • 2 - 5 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts  
  • 1 TB Taco seasoning 
  • Salt and pepper to taste - I did not use salt, but peppered my chicken before eating
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . 
  • In a skillet, combine the mango, peppers, onion, cilantro, garlic
  • In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and homemade taco seasoning.  
  • Place the coconut in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut. Press to coat.
  • Bake in oven for 30 minutes until chicken is done - coconut will be toasted! - I used a pan that had a rack in it to cook the chicken on.

  • We enjoyed it with parsnips (LOVE THOSE THINGS) this is the second time I have eaten Parsnips, and green beans.  Shannon also had brown rice.  

  • I can't wait to make this dish again.  I think that it would be better with fresh bell peppers, but I only had frozen ones - trying to use all the food in my house.  It would also be good I think with a diced jalapeno.  








No comments:

Post a Comment